Legazpi Village

Makati City

Mobile/ Viber: +639369748790 | +639154268164

Compare Listings

Property Purchase by a former natural-born Filipino citizen subject to the limitations prescribed by law (natural-born Filipinos who acquired foreign citizenship is entitled to own up to 5,000 sq.m. of residential land, and 1 hectare of agricultural or farm land).

Filipinos who are married to aliens and able to retain their Filipino citizenship (unless by their act or omission they have renounced their Filipino citizenship.

For Former Natural-Born Filipino Citizens

Any natural-born Philippine citizen who has lost their Philippine citizenship may still own private land in the Philippines (up to a maximum area of 5,000 square meters in the case of rural land). In the case of married couples, the total area that both couples are allowed to purchase should not exceed the maximum area mentioned above.
Former Filipino Citizens, Balikbayans, and OFWs

Former natural-born Filipinos who are now naturalized citizens of another country can buy and register, under their own name, land in the Philippines (but with limitations in land area). However, those who avail of the Dual Citizenship Law in the Philippines can buy as much as any other Filipino citizen.

Under the Dual Citizenship Law of 2003 (RA 9225), former Filipinos who became naturalized citizens of foreign countries are deemed not to have lost their Philippine citizenship, thus enabling them to enjoy all the rights and privileges of a Filipino citizen regarding land ownership in the Philippines.
How to Gain Dual Citizenship

If you are in the Philippines, file a Petition for Dual Citizenship and Issuance of Identification Certificate (pursuant to RA 9225) at the Bureau of Immigration (BI) and for the cancellation of your alien certificate of registration.
Those who are not BI-registered and overseas should file the petition at the nearest embassy or consulate.


Birth Certificate authenticated by the Philippine National Statistics Office (NSO)
Accomplish and submit a Petition for Dual Citizenship and Issuance of Identification Certificate to a Philippine embassy, consulate or the Bureau of Immigration
Pay a $50.00 processing fee, schedule, and take an “Oath of Allegiance” before a consular officer
The Bureau of Immigration in Manila receives the petition from the embassy or consular office. The BI issues and sends an Identification Certificate of citizenship to the embassy or consular office.

If a former Filipino who is now a naturalized citizen of a foreign country does not want to avail of the Dual Citizen Law in the Philippines, he or she can still acquire land based on Batas Pambansa (BP) 185 and RA 8179, but limited to the following:

For Residential Use (BP 185 – enacted in March 1982):

Up to 1,000 square meters of residential land
Up to one (1) hectare of agricultural of farmland

For Business/Commercial Use (RA 8179 – amended the Foreign Investment Act of 1991):

Up to 5,000 square meters of urban land
Up to three (3) hectares of rural land